Sunday 1 March 2009

My shoe is your shoe


A little bit more about the event:
Digbeth is getting more 'user friendly'. Still, when I say that I love jogging along the Digbeth canal, people tend to stare at me with a certain expression on their face. This is the dodgy part of Birmingham, or at least this is how it's perceived.
But I see an enormous potential there. Imagine, a very central part of a city literally packed with abandoned Victorian factories. Isn't it a perfect location for artists and other freaks like us? I was totally in awe when I got the invitation for the Arts Party of the Year organised in Digbeth.



Here are some pics from this event (apologies for the quality, these were taken with my phone):




(photo taken by Bohdan with a camera, for a change)

Two fashion shows (Harvey Nichols and Sulaimi Brookman), short films, photography exhibition, a concert (The Distroyers) and an intriguing shoe collection being recreated from Andy Warhol's famous shoe paintings by Rachel Simpson.


More from Rachel on her website: www.rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk
And of course, more of her inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment