Monday 11 May 2009

40s

The big Film Noir party is near, and everybody is asking about some outfit suggestions. I could go on with my inspirations forever, especially, that I keep watching Noir movies almost every day now :)

How about this one:

Or this one:


For more inspirations, check out this website:
http://www.moviemaidens.com/
It's great, although it could be more trustworthy. Some actresses suspiciously change their faces, i.e. if you look at Joan Collins, you will see a variety of 'her' faces! Some much nicer than others ;) BTW do you have the same problem with her? She's so much 'Dynasty' for me that even her older pictures seem like a part of the same story.
Anyway...
Speaking of 40s, I am a great fan of this silhouette. And I promised myself to make and wear more of this style dresses and skirts.

Here are some of my favourites to come:


Jaroszewska's collection inspired by 40s




Dior



Karen Elson wearing Marni skirt:



And, of course, Dita:


Love that hat!


And the last picture, slightly different style, same silhouette:


taken from this website: http://www.art-dept.com/artists/afanador/
I'm out of words for his work.



Watch this space, as I am all crazy about 40s now. And it's gonna be more of them from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment